Here are typical installation guidelines for the ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane with a generator wiring harness that is 8-pin.
Note: For action 7 you’ll want to buy 14-gauge electric cable for the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to avoid disruption of coast energy solution during testing and installation of ShorePower track.
Determine the following 4 wires on the generator wiring harness.
Make use of tape or label to mark each cable and that means you is catalog choice legit won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
On a normal ONAN 10-pin wiring harness the cables are labeled in the harness the following
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Only a few ONAN generators have actually the exact same generator wiring harness connections as some might have been changed by the dealer or RV maker. Make certain you have actually correctly identified the 4 cables precisely before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to every associated with the 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower Monitor into the Posi-Taps (wiring harness) depending on the wiring diagram provided.
- Green cable to E STOP
- Red cable to C BEGIN
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Be sure to link the wires that are correct the wiring harness once we utilize red-colored cables more often than once.
On our installation picture we utilized white cables to expand into the harness because of location of our product. The closer the installation of our product towards the wiring harness will assist you to utilize the provided wire that is 4-foot we offer.
- Link the wire that is red the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to 1 region of the enable switch with the provided Posi-Lock or even a crimp connector.
- Link the 2nd red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another part associated with switch that is enable. One other end for this wire that is red sooner or later get in touch to your good battery terminal.
- Link the red cable through the enable switch and also the red cable from (L+) from the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Connect the wire that is blackM) regarding the ShorePower Monitor to ground (any steel on the RV).
From the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See wiring diagram B – Transfer Switch Connection):
You will need 14-gauge stranded wire that is electrical the run from our product to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to at least one region of the 110 Volts in the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter towards the center connection (common) regarding the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their light that is green ON if all of the cables, such as the cables towards the transfer switch, have now been properly linked. .
- To evaluate the machine start the ALLOW Switch and disconnect from coast power. The green light on the MeanWell is certainly going down and in about 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for approximately a moment then re-connect to shore energy and our device will automatically shut-off your generator in more or less 10-12 moments. The light that is green the MeanWell should come right straight back on.
IMPORTANT NOTE: switching the ALLOW CHANGE On or OFF will not influence the light that is green the ShorePower Monitor or MeanWell. Those two light will always be on IF the ShorePower Monitor is properly connect and you have shore power. The ALLOW CHANGE just enables or disables monitoring.
This is just what a typical set-up will seem like when it is completed. You will see other consumer installation photos by clicking right here.